Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Braving the Boulder

 Steph and I are really lovin' our Thursday hikes!   So much so Steph invested in real hiking shoes and we both  bought ourselves new back packs...the "camel back" kind.
We must be serious...(or just needed an excuse to go shopping).

 This last Thursday Jake was out of school for his Spring break...so we enticed him to come along with the promise of a "Subway" lunch.

Then we decide that this was the week to go "bouldering"  since we'd have Jake along to "rescue" us  from any precarious situations that we may get ourselves in.

So off we hiked.

 
 It didn't take long for us to realize the fallacy in our thinking 
when found ourselves "left behind".  

 Our challenge... just to keep him in sight and then figure out how to get to where he was
...before he disappeared.
 We finally caught up.
Then we offered him lunch.
A full tummy must have slowed him down cuz' from then on 
he stayed with us.

 He even gave us a little extra help when we needed it.


...holding up the big rocks  so we could get through.
 

Now Steph...she's part monkey and part mountain goat.  And now that she's got her new shoes she thinks she can go anywhere.
 Even Jake had to risk his life to keep up with her.

Now me...

 I was a little reluctant to follow


 but I did...to some places.

 





and other places
...no way!
 
 An amazing fun day.

2 comments:

Janet said...

All I can say is WOW! I don't think I'm that brave...love the the red in those rocks!

Stephanie Tobler said...

Heheh! I love the embarassing pictures of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!