Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The blessings flow

 I had a leaky kitchen faucet. 
  Originally it just dripped out the sprout like a normal leaky faucet.  But then the Vegas water got to it and corroded  the whole faucet and it started spraying water out the side.

 I had a new faucet that Chad and Janet had help me pick out [made made it really happen].  Karl just needed to install it.
But there was several problems delaying this.
#1...Indecision.  If we are going to change the faucet...we might as well change the  chipped up sink.  To change the sink we will have to do some re-tiling so we might as well change out the tile we hate to granite.  Well we can't afford that yet...so the leaky faucet continued to leak while we tried to decide how much to do.

#2 problem...Under the sink intimidation.  Trying to change the faucet with the RO filter and tank and the garbage disposal in the way is very difficult...Karl did it once before and he wasn't anxious to dive into the project again.

So I wrapped the sprout with Saran wrap and life went on.    I figured eventually the whole sprout would completely corrode off and then we'd have to do something about it.

 The Lesson:  Blessings come from Sacrifice and Service
A couple of  Sunday ago we had a Ward Open House at our house (that's the sacrifice and service part) to welcome the numerous new ward members   Well Bro. Marx the ward "funny guy"  was just having a good laugh about my Saran covered faucet...equating it to leaving the plastic on a lamp shade or covering a couch with plastic.

Then 7:00 am Monday [President's Day] morning the phone rings...It's Bro. Marx..."are you ready to for me to come and change your faucet.
  YES!!!!

He changed that faucet so fast and easy.  If he and Karl hadn't been "jawin'" so much, he could have come and gone in 30 minutes!
Oh how I love my new faucet.   
And he said when we're ready to change out the sink and the counter top...he'd come put the faucet in again.

Love that funny guy.

2 comments:

Stephanie Tobler said...

What a saint! Now all Dad has to do is some caulking ;) (P.s I'm sorry for commenting, I couldn't resist)

Janet said...

I love it! Looks great :)...Just think when your ready to do all the other stuff, you will probably be ready for another faucet style :).