Monday, February 1, 2010

My first official catering job

...was a success!Thanks to great family help!
Steph folded 120 napkins and that wasn't easy.
They were limp polyester instead of crisp cotton ...so she decided to take an iron to the whole 120 to make sure they stayed put. Now that's going the second mile!

Karl was a chopper/ slicer extraordinaire...lime wedges, lettuce, green onions, orange slices, lemons and snipped grape clusters!
Then Clark, Rachel, Jake (and Sis. Dunsmoor) joined our ranks for the big event...serving, clearing and watering the guests.
I think Rachel washed every one of the 195+ plates and silverware!

Our contracted plan was: set for 118, food for 150. The final head count from the guest book (tallied after the event)...183+ bridal party + a smattering of kids. And most were enjoying the buffet to the fullest. Needless to say, when the line for the buffet wasn't ending but the food was, I was getting extremely nervous. But miraculously most of the food held out to the end, past the expected head count and a few people going back for seconds. At least we didn't have to worry about bagging up any leftover rice, beans, chicken or pork.

And the best part...Keelers were very pleased!

Oh yes, the kitchen crew...they had to go to Red Robin that night for something to eat!

1 comment:

Ash Savage said...

Totally awesome! I want to be you when I grow up. I'm working on it, though. This weekend I have a baby shower complete with a Parfait Bar and a 3-Tier cake. Wish me luck!