Thursday, January 28, 2010

Listening to Country Music

...and cooking for 150 people makes me happy.

A friend in our ward has a daughter getting married on Saturday. They came to Jake & Steph's open house in August...really liked what we served and asked me if I would duplicate that menu for their reception. Glad to do it!

So the next 3 days will be a cooking, chopping, setting and serving marathon...and I love it.
Right now I've got Cilantro Chicken cooking

and meat marinating for Pork Barbacoa.

Of course whenever I cook or sew I listen to country music.
Drives Karl crazy!
How can somebody that love Bluegrass hate country western music???
...they're first cousin, if not brothers.
But Karl's psychosis is another issue.

Anyway I discovered Pandora radio...it's wonderful! So now while I'm doing my domestic thing I just listen to my own custom radio station. All my favorite country music with a little Jack Johnson , Jason Maraz, Michael Buble' and a few other favorites thrown in the mix. Best part...if a song comes on that you don't like, you just click on the "thumbs down" icon and it won't play again. Oh did I mention no commericials. It's better than my Ipod.

Well I better get back to the kitchen.
Next on the agenda is making Tomatillo dressing for 150....so good.

Love, Mom T.

1 comment:

Ash Savage said...

Your project sounds heavenly - I love a good hostess challenge!

By the way, my family and Ang's family are headed to Disneyland in a couple of weeks and will be stopping to visit you! I need you're phone number, so we can talk!