Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Poor Dad Tobler, Poor Mr. Cricket

This morning started out just as predictable as usual. 4: 50 am... I get up and open the bedroom doors to the patio. 4;51 Karl gets up, wanders to the bathroom, wanders back and takes a big chug of water from his glass on the nightstand. Suddenly there is a burst of thrashing and stomping and the light goes on, followed by more stomping.



This poor guy was just taking an innocent swim in Karl's glass of water. Luckily Karl caught a glimpse of him (very close up) just before ingesting him and flipped him on the floor instead.

Poor Karl...he is in fear if dying from cricket germs.
Poor cricket...he got smashed on a sock.
Poor me... no more sleep for either of us.

But we did make it to the gym 25 minutes earlier than usual :)

Have a good day.
Love, Mom Tobler

2 comments:

Rach and Clark said...

haha, I think I would flip out too if I almost ingested a cricket!

Ash Savage said...

The same thing happened to me the other day! I fly had crawled into the spout of my water bottle, and he got into my mouth. I spit it all out before swallowing though... Tell Karl I feel his pain.