Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's fall...at least in my kitchen!

I love fall. I am ready for fall. And real or imagined, I think it's starting to feel like fall here in Vegas. The air is a crisp 75° in the mornings and and stays a cool 98-99° during the days :)

But the days are definitely getting shorter and there is something that's reminiscent of fall... I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe I just want there to be.

Anyway I'm ready for fall foods. Those warm comfort foods. The yummy aromas in the kitchen. So today I made a pot of good ol' chicken noodle soup ( I even cooked it in the house...which probably kept my A/C going...giving me that cooler weather feel!) Beside Steph has been so sick, she needed the healing qualities of chicken soup.
Of course today she is feeling so much better...almost a 100%. So I guess I can't claim my soup miraculously healed her....but it sure made me feel good!

Love, Mom Tobler

3 comments:

Shelby said...

That soup looks really good Jan:) Yum!

Stephanie Tobler said...

It was sooo good!! And chicken soup definitely does have magic healing powers!

dougw said...

My theory is that the sick bugs infecting Stephanie heard that your chicken soup was on the way, and they ran for it. That is the advantage of having a reputation (which I learned from Fonzie on Happy Days, and not by personal experience.)