Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My life..it's changed!


My life has always been crazy busy. The past 34 years has been filled to the brim with the wonderful busyness of children, sewing classes, custom sewing, miscellaneous part-time jobs and church callings. Always crazy busy doing something for somebody else...and under time pressures to get it done ... yesterday.

When we moved to Vegas I expected a change...nope. Seven weeks after the move with boxes still stacked I was called to be Stake Relief Society President, a couple jobs fell in my lap and custom sewing stacked up. And Jake and/or Clark were still wandering about the house, peering in the refrigerator and saying "I need..I need".

But it all changed this year. I was released from Stake RS, the boys are all married and have wives to feed them and do their laundry. My little job and teaching cooking classes went away when the Bosch Store closed it's doors. And we are back from a crazy year of traveling to graduations, wedding festivities and reunions.

Suddenly I'm in this new life. My nest is empty. My to-do list is all personal /home projects. No job. (just waiting for the perfect opportunity to fall out of the sky) and my church calling (Laurel advisor) is wonderful...no extra meetings, no huge events to plan and carry out, no speaking in front of large groups.
Okay I do have 3 (but only 3) alterations due out this week. and RS enrichment has asked me to do a few things. But suddenly, for the most part, my life is mine to chose what I want to do.

My list (just a faction of the actual epic length list):
- Quicken caught-up/ Monthly budget planned and reviewed and the month isn't even over yet!
- One file drawer/cleaned out. My 34 year collection of worthless papers...smaller.
- Photos on computer...organized.

Next:
Make a fall wreath for my door! I've wanted to do that for 34 years and today's the day.

I think I going like this new life... (I just hope it lasts for a week or two) .

Love, Mom Tobler

2 comments:

PALMERS said...

Wow Jan, I love the things you post on your blog. You are so amazing! Do I have to endure for about 34 years for my "to do" list to shrink? There just seems to be more every year. Wish you were just around the corner so we could visit more often.

The Kelly's said...

That's what I call a life of leisure! You deserve it. :) Enjoy it while it lasts.