My fall wreath is finally hanging on our door. It was really fun to make and even more fun trying to figure out how I was actually going to do do it.

Being mom Tobler I didn't want to just go buy a wreath. I didn't even want to go to Michael's and buy a bunch of supplies to create it. So I had to ponder this a bit.
The base needed to be made out of something natural and twiggy, since the foliage was going to be a bit sparse. I was missing the grapevines of Pasco about now, so I had to make do. Our yard provided some nice long sucker shoots off a stump, a rose bush and the dollar tree.
After a 24 hr. soak circled inside the bottom of a garbage can, these branches twisted nicely around each other to create the wreath base.

To further help these twisted twigs retain their wreath shape while they dried I wound Jasmine vines ( leaves and all) around the wreath. The Jasmine vines will also dry into nice woody twigs.

The leave will eventually dry and fall off but until then they add to the silk fall leaves. Of course the silk leaves were collected from garage sales of years past so I count those as basically free.

It is still a work in progress as I might add a few touches to it... if I find some nice nut or berry laden twigs on our next hike to see the fall leaves up on Mt. Chareston.
I like my wreath and I especially like the price. Free + alittle creativity.
Oh yes, my wreath hanger...is a bent wire hanger :)
3 comments:
wow, that looks amazing! job well done!
Looks Great!
You are the best! Love it.
Post a Comment