Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Released!

Sunday I got released from being the YW President.    This one caught me totally by surprise.  I'd only been the YW president for a year and a half and expected that I had another year and a half to go.  It was a challenging calling but I was just feeling like we were getting it pulled together and it was starting to run smoothly.   And I loved working with  some really amazing/inspiring  women.

So I've struggled with this one. I was the only one in the YW organization that was released.  We had just  made a few changes six weeks ago.  I wasn't given another calling.  Karl's wasn't called to new heavy-duty calling.  I was just released.    So I struggle with WHY.      Did I do something wrong?  Wasn't doing the calling right?  Offend someone?  Too old?   Didn't love the girls enough? Act burned out?   Oh well...

So I just figure I'm going through one of those "foggy" times when I can't see the road ahead and I just hang on and go forward.   Time to re-group and re-focus.  Time to start working on those MANY projects I've wanted to do but never had enough time.

 And the really bright spot...no extra or  early Sunday morning meetings.   Ahhhh maybe this really does feel good.

No comments: