I love a creative challenge.
So I was excited when Celebrate Kids,
the company Steph works for, asked me if I could make the Disney Princesses costumes
...to look like the ones at Disneyland.
Of course I can do it
...at least I thought I could
...well I'd give it my best effort.
We started with Snow White....the costume they needed the most.
So after combining two patterns, designing a sleeve and a few other details...
a lot of hours...a few steps forward and a few stupid mistakes
....I came up with this.
The corset lacing is on both sides so the dress will fit a range of sizes.
Steph was my model and guinea pig as we figured out how to make it easy enough for a would-be-princess to get dressed by herself
...in a car.
It is worn with a hoop (didn't get a picture with the hoop on) to give the skirt a lot more fullness
It was so fun to create.
And they liked it...alot.
Next Princess...Cinderella.
But first I have to make two bridesmaid dresses.
So I was excited when Celebrate Kids,
the company Steph works for, asked me if I could make the Disney Princesses costumes
...to look like the ones at Disneyland.
Of course I can do it
...at least I thought I could
...well I'd give it my best effort.
We started with Snow White....the costume they needed the most.
Steph was my model and guinea pig as we figured out how to make it easy enough for a would-be-princess to get dressed by herself
...in a car.
It is worn with a hoop (didn't get a picture with the hoop on) to give the skirt a lot more fullness
And they liked it...alot.
Next Princess...Cinderella.
But first I have to make two bridesmaid dresses.

2 comments:
It turned out perfect! I love the detail of making it a one size fits all. Cute!
WOW, love it!!! Snow White is my favorite Disney Princess.
Post a Comment