Sunday, June 7, 2009

What do I do now?


After 5 years and 7 months of being the Stake Relief Society President...I've been released! It's the only calling I've had since moving to Vegas 5 years and 8 1/2 months ago.
I don't know what life in Vegas will be like with out having 2-3 or more meetings (not counting Sunday) a week. But I am looking forward to finding out! Right now I have no calling...Wow!

But I admit it's a bit scary...What will I be called to next?

I will miss working with the best sisters through out the whole stake. I might miss having people listen to me because of the position that I held. Now my opinion will be worth what it's really worth...not much! I think I will even miss being forced out of my obscure comfort zone into meeting with people and speaking up (which I really tried not to do.)

But the change will be good.

I guess it's time to figure out what I will focus on next.

2 comments:

Janet said...

YEAH! I am so happy for you but I know you will be missed :)! Enjoy your free time...Looks like you can hurry and come out to FL to play with little Violet :)

The Kelly's said...

Oh my goodness! I hadn't heard. I really need to plan that lunch!