Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sometimes I miss my brain.

Sunday we got the hankerin' to play Scrabble. Though I'm no real competition for Jake, it was fun to exercise that muscle call the brain.

That evening just as we were starting a second game of Scrabble our hometeachers (a.k.a. Bro. Waggoner and Nate) came by. Now our hometeachers love a little mental competition and Bro. Waggoner was a little more than stiff competition for Jake. It was great. Though we were not threat to the game...Steph and I didn't do too bad...not shamefully bad considering our "help" abandoned us. But the chance to do some jammin' was too strong and it didn't take long to lose Nate and Karl to the patio playing Bob Dillion style Bluegrass. They really sounded good.

But playing scrabble makes me realize I'm losin' it... I've lost brain cells big time. Where did they go...when did they go? I vaguely remember a time, long ago...before children, when I was sharp, quick, really quite smart. High School quiz-stuff (okay, I was just an alternate and never answered a question...but I was actually on the team per teacher selection.) Where did it go? Is my loss of mental capacity due to children, age or lack of use?

So maybe that why we have kids...so when they cause us to lose all our brain cell then they can think for us. They are good at that you know. Guess we better keep one close by...
Sorry Jake...you're obligated...being the last born and the only one left...to stay lose and take care of Karl and me.

That will be nice.

1 comment:

Rach and Clark said...

Wow!~ Sounds like you all had a great time! I haven't seen a theatre play in ages!