At 4:00 pm I opened my door to Linda. She was looking so guilty. Around the corner came our Stake Humanitarian Leader JoAnn (and new Stake RS president!) and another of my past counselors, Lana, just grinning and carrying this beautiful quilt... For ME! I was totally surprised, overwhelmed and amazed. They said I deserved it after serving as the Stake Relief Society President for sooo long. I don't deserve anything...but I happily snatched it and hugged it before they could change their minds. The top had been pieced together (note all those 2 inch squares!!!) by one of my past ward RS presidents. JoAnn had bordered and bound it and Linda, Lana and JoAnn had spend the morning tying it with a invisible stitch so it looks quilted. Some people are so selfless and thoughtful...it makes me feel guilty.
Note to self...be more selfless and thoughtful so I can deserve such wonderful friends.
Love, Mom T.

2 comments:
This is SOOOO cool! And of course you deserve it; you served a wonderful 6 years! And you are just a cool person, too :)
That is beautiful. I can't believe all of the work that went into it. You are certainly deserving of it though...so enjoy it and stop feeling guilty.Jera
Post a Comment