Okay, not quite a peck.
This is my second batch this season and Karl is eating them with almost everything.
I think he likes them.
These are quick and easy:
1 cup water
1 cup distilled white vinegar
4Tbs. white sugar
1 Tbs. Kosher salt
2-3 clove garlics
1/2 -1 tsp. oregano
Bring to a boil.
Add about 8 cups sliced peppers (I used all jalapenos)
Heat back to a boil.
Fill jar and seal.
In the olden days these would be good to go. They would just put them on a pantry shelf until needed. Now the "authorities" have decided that will kill you (good thing our great-grand mothers didn't know). So to store them unrefrigerated you'd need to process them in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes, using new lids not re-purposed pickle jars.
But since Karl's consuming these faster than Peter Piper can pick them... I'm just going to store them in the fridge until we eat them.

No comments:
Post a Comment