Friday, September 27, 2013

Memories and Relics

As I remember it...a thousand (48ish)  years ago when I was but a wee child my older brother Craig got a group  of buddies together and form a crazy band  that lip-synced to this Spike Jones album . (Be sure to listen to the whole song:)
They created some crazy instruments to go along with it.
.
 We must have worn this record out...it was a family favorite.
One the those instruments somehow lasted all these years and ended up on the "grab table' at one of our Palmer Sibling reunions.  It was one of the reunions that Karl didn't go to because he had "gig" that weekend.
The poor little instrument was left on the grab table...no one wanted it.
But just as I was leaving Craig grabbed it and insisted that Karl needed this.
Someone else ask "What kind of  instrument is that suppose to be"?
and without missing a beat Gary (another brother) said:
 
 It's a pandolin...of course.
If any one would like an original pandolin...
it's up for grabs.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Bet the grand kids will love plucking on it!!!!