Thursday, June 13, 2013

How my garden grows

Our best tomato crop ever!  I attribute it to a cooler longer spring  and the broccoli going to seed and blossoming, which brought in a load of bees, just as the tomatoes were needed to be pollinated. 
 

 Apricots just coming on in abundance.

 Onions going to seed.  Definitely heirloom...this is at least my fifth season of letting the onions go to seed and then using those seeds to replant the next crop in the fall.
 Walther and Sig making quick work of the last of the Kale.
 The lone pepper.
 A volunteer zucchini producing what looks like a cross breed.
 But summer has hit.  It's 100° at before 10 am.   Bees don't like hot weather. They hide.  Veggie plants don't  like hot weather.  The leave dry out and burn even if the soil is damp.
....so garden production will cease.  Plants will struggle. And Sig and Walther will bury themselves during the day.

And me...

I'll swim.

2 comments:

Stephanie Tobler said...

Woah! You have got a green thumb. I might have to bring over my Mum's so I don't kill them like I did the last ones

Janet said...

Are the turtles getting bigger? Lovely garden!