After a HOT summer and avoiding the cooking any thing that might heat up the kitchen, Fall foods are a welcome change. And Fall foods all fall into my comfort food category...cinnamon rolls, apple butter, caramel apples, pumpkin pie, soups. Soups are probably my favorite 'cuz they are so quick to throw together and there are so many that I can eat with reckless abandon. They are guilt-free!
One of my favorites ..Chicken Noodle...made a change this fall when I discovered Dumplings.
Amazing and so much better. I still use my same chicken soup recipe, I just swap out the noodle for these homemade dumpling.
On another topic...notice the plate and bowl. I swapped out my old (30 years old!) everyday Corelle for this set. One of my sons (always the opinionated one) said I made a mistake...Corelle is better, lighter, abuse resistant. This set is heavy and they feel and look like old diner plates. He's right. My old corelle had served me well...too well, too long. And these are reminiscent of old heavy diner plates...just what I was hunting for. LOVE THEM. These make my heart happy every time I set table. And bonus..I found them at D.I...so the price makes me happy too!

1 comment:
We love your soup too! It's a good thing I had some at your house because Jakob finished of the entire mason jar by himself!
Post a Comment