Sunday, October 7, 2012

Good bye Summer

As much as I love Fall and look forward to all it bring, 
part of me hates to say good bye to Summer
...the swimming part.  
Today,  October 6th,  we enjoyed our last swim of the season. 
 Air temperature 85°.  
Water temperature 81°. 
  It was wonderful. Loved it.  
Karl and Kyle joined me...then Kyle got cold and Karl needed to head to the Priesthood session of General Conference.  I just stayed in the pool leisurely back stroking across the pool, staring up at the immense blue sky ...basking in the peace and quiet,  enjoying the feel of the water and the motion of gliding back and forth, meditating on nothing.
I kept telling myself...this is it...get out!  
 No...just one more lap.
Time's up...get out 
Okay...just one more lap.
Well maybe two  more.
 I might be able to choke out a couple more swims...but I know I won't.
The weather forecast says I won't.  
And the solar cover is in shreds and need to be put to rest on garbage day.

So good bye pool....I look forward to enjoying you again...next May.


  

1 comment:

Janet said...

Awww..summer will be here again in no time!!