Monday, October 15, 2012

Can you ever get too much Bluegrass?

 Not if you're Karl.
Saturday morning started early with Aspen Ridge playing at the ALS 
(Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis often referred to as Lou Gehrig\'s Disease) Walk and 5K run.  
(I miss that event... hence  no pictures.) 
 They called it their practice for that night...

 the local Bluegrass event that we look forward to every year.
Or at least the past 3 years
since a local band, "Stuck in Reverse,"started inviting several other local bands to put on a backyard Bluegrass concert.
Then we all invite whatever friends, family or fans that want to come.  
 The music is great...but even better than the music
is the Potluck dinner! 
 Just sayin'  people that love Bluegrass love food.  And that potluck proves it. 
 
But alas poor Karl...because he's singing he has tries not to eat himself silly. 
  Not me...I grazed the whole 5 hours of the concert.   
(most people came and went at their leisure but because Karl was with a band and they played 2 sets
... we stayed the full 5 hours!)
 
 All the bands were really good.  But this group, "Out of the Desert"  was amazing. 
 I swear they had six-part harmony and there's only 5 of 'em. 
And their instrumentals...how do fingers move so fast.
Unfortunately Karl group followed this band with both of their sets.   
 Funny in a humbling sort of way.
 
By 9 pm I had eaten myself silly and was so tired I could barely stay awake. 
But it was so worth the extra calories and fatigue.
I've already got my calendar marked for next year
and checkin' Pinterest for another great  potluck dish.

No comments: