Thursday, April 7, 2011

Red Rock Canyon Hike # 5

 In spite of the weather warning:

ALERTS for Clark County 

Severe weather alert : High Wind Warning

A HIGH WIND WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 12:00AM PDT FRIDAY, APRIL 08 

...Steph and I  went hiking
Our thoughts were:
  • the weather is nice now...just a breeze....maybe we will miss the bad stuff.
  •  We will probably be hiking in a canyon or gully we won't even notice.
  • Weatherman lie.
We were wrong.  It was windy.
 
VERY WINDY! 
 First off my watch breaks
(eagle-eye Steph finds the pin in the dirt!)
 
...note we started hiking at 11:15 am.
 This week we decide to hike to the Calico Tanks.
  It was beautiful from the start.  
 

 
Stone stairways ..must be on the right trail. 
.
Trying to get a picture of us together
 
...the wind kept blowing the camera off  it's perch. 
 
Mission accomplished...thank you fellow hiker.
The Tanks
Note the windcaps/waves!
Amazing view of Babylon...I mean Vegas:)
Out of the wind.
Just enjoying the windless view
 
Hmmm...these were at the top.  Makes ya' wonder...
Sometimes Steph and I have differing opinions
on the best routes to take.
 
The End!
P.S.It was the best Red Rock hike yet...minus the wind.  

1 comment:

Rach and Clark said...

Man, Clark and I would love to hike that one with you and Karl someday! Maybe not in the summer though...we do look forward to a Mt. Charleston hike when we get back!