Monday, July 9, 2012

Amber Alert

Well, maybe it is more like a green alert...for a missing turtle.   Panic.

 Their little log house was moved from it's usual spot and Walter was gone!  I combed over ever inch of their garden box and Walter was definitely missing.   I had to verbally tell myself not to panic as I thought through what could have happened...what could get in the yard that was big enough to haul off a 5 inch turtle.  If it was a cat, it could probably just get it out of the box but not carry it totally off...so I started looking outside the box. 

There he was...in the pot of Rosemary that sat next to their garden box.  Relief.
I rejoined Walter with Sig and they seemed as happy to see each other as a couple of turtles can get.

A few minutes later I went outside to feed them some leftover zucchini out of the fridge.
 And I found Walter trying to climb out of the box...again.

Hummmm.   Do we have a delinquent turtle testing his boundaries or just an adventuresome one that just want to know whats on the other side.  Either way it's time to lower the dirt in their box.

No comments: