Here a few thing I love about the Northeast...
- The Transit system...the subways, buses and commuter rail...to be able to get most anywhere without a car. So foreign to this western, country born and raised girl.
- The green...the deciduous forests. Driving to the Chad's new church building reminded me of the song "over the river and through the woods to grandmother house we go"...especially since everything was covered with snow. Beautiful. Okay, I didn't see much green this trip...mostly white. But I've always lived in the desert...and my heart loves the green.
- The seasons. I really loved the snow this trip. It was beautiful. We woke up to some beautiful frosty mornings. The fall I spent in Pennsylvania with Kimberly will always be a favorite...the leaves...the pumpkins on every door step. The late summer I went to Boston and Vermont with my mom to visit an aunt... loved the green rolling hills and forests. The spring we traveled through upstate New York with Kyle & Kim...wonderful. Every season seems to be at it's best back there. And every holiday...more romantic.
- The architecture...I love the old, really old, buildings and homes. Especially the churches. I just want to explore them all. I wish I could time travel and see the area when these building were in their "hey-day".
- The cemeteries...really old cemeteries I love them.
- The history...this is where so much American history happened...and it comes alive back there.
- So much to see and do. There is just not time enough to take it all in. but I'm determined to try.
- Chad & Janet's cozy home...hardwood floors, beautiful stairway, cozy and warm with a view of beautiful sunsets, forests and tucked in a neighborhood from years gone by.
- Squirrels...the size of small cats ...darting here, there and everywhere
- And most of all Grand kids! Two very cute and fun grandkids live there now. And in June all four of my cute, fun grandkids will be living in the Northeast (Baltimore...here we come).

No comments:
Post a Comment