Monday, April 6, 2009

I've been sucked in!


I tried to fight it, to procratinate it or just plain delay it until I had more time...
But I let my guard down and watched the movie. Then Steph brought her books back with her from Canada and I wasn't strong enough to resist. Now, less than a week later, I'm halfway through a New Moon (book two of the series).

When I started reading Twilight Karl commented that "Life as we know it will cease until she finishes the book." He didn't realize there are 4 books!

I try to have control...I try to read in moderation...But I found myself reading again at 4am under the covers with a nifty little reading light Richard gave us. That was after I vaguely remember Karl taking the book out of my hands at I-don't-know-what-hour and turning off my light.

Now I'm fighting the urge...I must start the laundry first...I've got to study my scripture before I can give into frivolous reading...I've got so much to get done before we go to SLC on Thursday...It's a battle of will-power...Mundane to-do list against a heart thumping novel ...which will win?

3 comments:

Rach and Clark said...

yes! Glad you have also been sucked in! I just had to go buy the movie. We can watch it again when you come visit!

The Kelly's said...

Oh no! :) You'll have to tell me how you like the series. It's fun but by then end I was over it. ADD? My daughter LOVES it. I'm sure we'll go opening night to the next movie!

Ash Savage said...

He he! Jan, you'll never win...just give in to the bliss that is Edward!