We started our 24th of July Celebration with
our Stake's 5K-10K Run /walk.
(Before the race Karl was concerned that I wouldn't be wearing appropriate/nice looking exercise clothing. Then look what he wore!)
In the evening was our Stake Pioneer Celebration at a park. It's a huge event with all 12 wards in their own "camps" around the perimeter eating dinner . Other activites included music, zipline, water games, pioneer skills, tug-a-war, pioneer skit, etc.
Karl's bluegrass band has played for the previous two years. But this year new people were in charge...no live band...just CD playing. And then there was a little skit commerating the pioneers.
Karl was in the skit, but he was disappointed that they didn't have the bluegrass band play. Oh well, I'm sure the pioneers had some discontentment in camp also!

1 comment:
Good job Dad!! Mom you looked very appropriate during the walk and I loved the pioneer outfit! Looks like you had a great time. To bad they don't celebrate it here in Florida.
Post a Comment