The last day at Chad and Janet's is always a bit sad. Nine days went by so fast. We had so much fun and also squeezed in several projects (Mending done. Closets and cupboards de-junked and organized.) But now it was time to say good bye and that is always sad.
The last night we decided to go for a bike ride to
old downtown Seabrook.
Love the pelicans.
We finished up our bike tour at the park just before dark.
Careful Chad...don't hurt yourself.
The morning of my departure
Chad ask if I wanted to see the lab at NASA where he works.
YES!!!!
Finally meeting Valkyrie for the first time.
Chad office complete with the AT-AT from his childhood.
I was a bit surprised to find out they had a sewing room
...but of course. Someone has to make Valkyrie's wardrobe.
...but of course. Someone has to make Valkyrie's wardrobe.
Now that is the stuff dreams are made of.
Good-bye Valkyrie
Still raining.
Next stop Costco in downtown Houston for a quick...very quick lunch before I catch the mega bus to Dallas.
Yes.. the Mega bus. Airline prices for the short flight to Dallas were ridiculously expensive ...so I decide to take the Mega bus. I've solo navigated the Boston Subway and bus system in a snow storm; Philadelphia's light rail and commuter train; Baltimore's light rail. The mega bus and Dallas' light rail system was a piece of cake! Beside I love the adventure. It will definitely be my way to travel between the Houston and Dallas in the future.
Thank you Chad and Janet for the wonderful time.

2 comments:
Your awesome Gramma! We can't wait for your next visit. Love you!
So glad you were finally introduced to Valkyrie (sp?)
Post a Comment