One of Rachel's requests on this visit to Vegas was to hike...so happy to oblige. Clark wanted to go on a hike they hadn't been on before. Karl requested a shorter hike in Red Rock. Considering all the requests I thought Ice Box Canyon would be perfect. ( Steph and I had hiked it before and it was great..
.until that little challenge at the end.)
Off we go...
Bouldering is always fun...and a bonus workout :).
Picking our way through the boulders.
I think we were enjoying it more than it looks.
We finally came to the end of the well beaten trail and everyone is "Is this it?" The end of the trail that I remembered was this much bigger sandstone open area ...so much bigger than what is here. I'm sure this isn't it ... we must have missed a turn. Rachel runs up this rock face and says this is probably it. No it can't be...this isn't what I remember. I am sure this isn't the end...where is the big challenge that I had panicked on. We turn back...searching for a possible missed turn. There isn't one. Karl, Clark and Rachel insist that was it...I say it can't be.
At home Rachel eventually checks the blog...yep that was it.
Another reason to keep a blog...to prove that my memories are much more colorful than reality.
2 comments:
It was scary when we went but maybe that it because there were ripped men there to intimidate us.
Even if we all didn't technically "finish" the hike, it was still a blast.
Post a Comment