Friday, September 28, 2012

How my life rolls.

I had my day's plan in order and was efficiently checking them off:
  •        Gym-√
  •        Plant part of my fall garden-√
  •        Find an on-line owner manual for a food processor -√
  •        Pay Bills and update Quicken-√
I was just working at the computer when suddenly my day's priorities changed.
 
 A pantry shelf  collapsed and spilled it's guts on the floor .
 The casualties: one jar spaghetti sauce, 1 bottle vinegar, one jar pickled asparagus, one jar of jam and a bunch of dented cans. (it could of been much worse...5 jars of pickled asparagus hit the floor and survived.)

Now instead of working on my original "to-do list" ...I cleaned up a mess, went to the store, fixed and re-enforced shelves and organized a pantry.

Before I'd finished my "new" project I had  a stake meeting to go to . So at 6:30pm I got cleaned up, hurried to my meeting...No meeting at the stake center...hurried to the other building...no meeting there.  Then I realized I had the wrong day.  The meeting was on Tuesday not Thursday.

Moral of the story...don't give "older" folks verbal invitations.  And if your pantry shelve have stupid little plastic brackets...change them.

2 comments:

Stephanie Tobler said...

I should probably do this with all of my shelves so I don't loose my dishes!!!

Janet said...

Oh oh....