Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's Finished...

It's been done for a while. 
It's just on the dress form where I can look at it when I walk by. 
It's like a child I've created and I don't want to give it up for adoption to it's new family (Celebrate Kids)

 It was my most challenging Princess dress yet.
  Once again I didn't like any one else's interpretation of  Sleeping Beauty's gown.

(Collar is not right...bodice too long...skirt too heavy.)
(Only vaguely resembles Sleeping Beauty).
  ...so I was left to my own imagination...transforming a drawing into fabric.
After a few months of pondering and experimenting in between numerous other projects...here's what I came up with.
Chiffon Skirt
Stretch velvet with lacing up the back makes it size adjustable.
Of course I added the modesty element
...these are for children's parties :)

3 comments:

Stephanie Tobler said...

Celeste makes a fabulous Sleeping Beauty. As always wonderful job. I am very proud to wear your creations.

Janet said...

WOW beautiful! Violet would love someone to show up in a Sleeping Beauty costume like that. Since she says Sleeping Beauty is her favorite. Great job!

Rach and Clark said...

this looks amazing. So do you want to just make me one so I have a new school outfit this year? ;) I realize it is time intensive but I need some new, hip clothes.