Sunday, February 15, 2009

Good bye to an old friend

We don't just own a car...we Toblers marry them...for eternity or so it seems. But that's okay, I loved my "Old Lady Luxury car", my 1990 Cadillac Deville. It was a good ride...at least for the first 7 or so years. The past few years the poor thing was getting feeble. I really didn't like to drive her any further away than I could walk in 45 minutes. She's gone now and I do miss her or at least I miss what she was in her earlier years.She's been replaced...probably another "marriage" for us...a 2008 Nissan Sentra. We haven't really bonded yet and this one doesn't have a name yet. But I admit I feel like I've got wings..finally. I can go anywhere not only here in Vegas...But I could drive cross country. I don't remember ever having a car that I would trust taking alone long distances. It's so nice and I still have pinch myself that it is real. So I think me and my new car will get along just fine.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Good bye old friend, hello hot new ride! Sweet new ride friend!

The Kelly's said...

Wow! Look at you! It is a good thing I saw this post so I wouldn't wave at some strange lady in a look alike old lady car. :) Fun wheels. Don't get a ticket.